Thursday, November 10

Uni at night

There is something very strange about being at uni at night. I'm here writing an essay, and it is almost vaguely exciting... I said vaguely. Being at uni late, especially on such a warm and balmy summer night kind of conjures up a strange "naughty schoolgirl" feeling... sneaking around the corridors at night, and even contributing to a VSU debate scrawled on the wall of the toilets. This strange feeling is possibly partly caused by adrenalin from remembering my essay is due tomorrow and I am currently only halfway through.

It is so tranquil in a way. There are a lot of people here, and the soft patter of the keyboards could almost be likened to the bubbling of a stream or a brook. Echoey voices from far off sometimes add to the mystery. The click of a mouse button. The leaving of a page of a book... the soft soft humming of the airconditioning (partly the reason why I am here doing this... ours at home is broken and it was unbearably hot at our apartment).

I took a break before and wandered down to Maccas and got a soft serve cone. Then I came back here, curled up on one of the bright orange sofas in a darkish corner and enjoyed it while listening to the softness of the sounds around me. In such a big concrete building, nearly everything makes an echo. The strange square boxes of light that line the ceiling make the lighting even quite soft.

I'm thinking next time I'm stressed because it is noisy at home I should just come straight here. It's a very short trip for me anyway.

Back to my essay I suppose.... only about 1300 words to go, and it's not due until 5pm tomorrow so I should be fine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ash!
I found your blog...I'm hoping that ashreportseurope.blogspot.com is launched soon so I can leave equally inane comments there.
hope albury is treating you well, and the drive down wasn't too arduous.
x heather

11/15/2005 09:33:00 pm  
Blogger Ashlee said...

Omigod it's Heather! Yay!

Trip back was OK... had a fine roadhouse meal at Tarcutta where the dinner lady never smiled and dancing with the stars was blaring on the TV.

The problem was I was quite tired due to getting home from a certain party at 7am on Monday morning. Ursus didn't give me a hangover though, probably because I didn't get the chance to sleep with all the packing and stuff.

Hey I saw you did sleepinginairports.com on Linkage... if I find anything else wacky like that I will be sure to let you know!!

11/17/2005 09:43:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home