Thursday, March 1

Scooped on my day off

Today I had the day off work. It's been so hectic lately I've been working lots of overtime, and we don't get paid overtime, just time in lieu, so today was a bit of a catch up, as you can probably tell by the several blog posts I have put up tonight.

Anyway, this month for our paper that comes out tomorrow I had a big story that I was tipped off on by a source. Secret documents, the works. Guess what story was on the front of today's Daily Telegraph? Yep, mine. Scooped. Oh well, I'm still proud of the work I did on the story, it was just a bit annoying... but also slightly flattering in a way because I proved to myself that I could do what they did at a national daily.

Other than that, slept in, went in to uni to catch up with some peeps (it was a bit weird being back at the old UTS now that I am no longer a student), we went and had yummy burritos for lunch, and wandered around the shops in Newtown (see purchases photographed below). Pretty chilled day, twas nice. This weekend will be busy, Mardi Gras and St Jerome's Laneway Festival. It was really nice to have a day off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home