Saturday, January 27

What a difference a year makes...

Australia Day '06- going to uni in London during the day where I was frustrated with Protools as usual, going out to the Finchley Road Walkabout straight after class, getting totally smashed, meeting tons of new people, having a wild, crazy fun night- my first big party evening in London. Being freezing cold. Going home at 12.30 to catch the last tube. Listening to some of the web stream of the Hottest 100 the night before.

Australia Day '07- public holiday... but having to go out and take photos and do interviews for work at the local citizenship ceremony and celebrations. It was boiling hot. Listening to the Hottest 100 on the radio while lying on our uncomfortable sofa. Going out for dinner in Newtown (as usual) with friends where we sedately sat and talked and recieved really bad service at the Thai restaurant we were at... listened to my recently returned friend's Europe/UK travel tales. I whinged about my salary being too low and how I need to get a second job to possibly save up to escape overseas again. I was too reserved to really properly chat to some friends of friends that I hadn't met before. Going home at 11.30 just because we were over it.

Australia Day '08 promises more of the same, but hopefully '09 will be another winner.... but thats just soooooooo far away......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home