Sunday, January 7

Domestic Goddess!!!

I'm back in Sydney and things are pretty dull. I've got the house to myself as the others are away, the office is pretty empty as many people are still on leave so work was quite a drag last week, and yeah, there's not really much to do.

So tonight I decided to make an exciting meal for myself that would be a time consuming exercise.

MENU:

Hungarian Paprika Chicken served with handmade cottage cheese dumpings with lemon slice for dessert.

Quite an undertaking! But all went well. I had to make the dough to make the dumplings, something I've only done once before in my life in Year 8 Home Economics.



I made everything from scratch, which I am very proud of. Here is what my main meal ended up looking like, it was very tasty!


And here's a picture of my lemon slice in the fridge chilling;



Yum! It was fun, kneading the dough was quite theraputic, and licking the icing bowl reaffirmed my sense of self worth... and the Hungarian theme (minus the lemon slice) took me back to those wonderful days spent in Budapest. The only thing missing was a bowl of steaming hot proper (that means spicy with paprika) Goulash to go along with the chicken and dumplings. This postmodern girl was reclaiming traditional femininity... for a short time only!

All in all, I was quite impressed with my domestic skills, especially since they are so rarely practiced!

Here are the recipes I used;

Hungarian paprika chicken

Cottage cheese dumplings

Lemon slice

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home