Sunday, December 24

New hobby

I'm trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. Since I have such a love of acoustic music and my dad has an old guitar he never actually learnt to play I'm trying to teach myself... I might take some lessons when I get back to Sydney to speed up the process, otherwise I know I will just get frustrated with it. I can still play the flute, but I never practice because I don't have any cool music to play. Flute is kind of hard to jam on as well... but so is the guitar at the moment with my complete lack of skill! I've learnt 6 chords and 2 scales and that's it so far, but I did only start playing yesterday....

Other than that, I'm just back at home. Been out the last couple of nights and it's been fun catching up with people and hearing what everyone is up to these days. I have to work tonight, my first time behind a pizza bar or cafe counter in about a year, but it should all come back to me just like riding a bike haha....

Speaking of bikes, classic quote from my mother the other day;

"Albury is just like riding a bike. You never forget."

Hmm interpret that one yourselves.

Another great quote, this from some trashy TV gem on Foxtel called "Blow Out" about some uber chic hairdressing salon in West Hollywood and the self obsessed wanker that runs it.

"Are you kidding me? You wouldn't ask Picasso to paint with a screwdriver would you?"

Said in response to the spray nozzle on one of his hairspray bottles not functioning adequately. Gold. I so want to use that quote in some sort of everyday context now.

A strange little thing that I have noticed, probably due to the terrible lack of males in Sydney, is that there are some quality young gentlemen in the country. They aren't all bogans... well, there are quite a few bogans... but the balance between the sexes is much more normal back here. Sydney is a very abnormal place I guess. Just an observation, don't read anything in to it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin Blamires said...

I'd reccomed listening to the extending version of "Wap Bam Boogie" by Matt Bianco which proves that it is possible to jam with a flute!

12/30/2006 01:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home