Thursday, November 16

Ding dong the bitch is dead

Tonight I handed in my last assignment. I am officially finished my degree*!! I'm outta there*!!

I'll never forget the weird sounds the lifts in the humanities building make. As the shiny silver doors closed on me and I decended (painfully slowly), then waited two or three seconds for the doors to recognize the lift had stopped, the lift made that demented ding dong noise that anyone who frequents the Bon Marche building knows and I realized, that's it. I'm done. My connection with the demented ding dong is done*. It is but the stuff of nostalgia*. No more prententious arguments about political correctness*. No more assignments thrown together just in time*. No more student discounts (well, my card doesn't expire until Feb so I will be milking that for a bit longer).

Bye bye demented ding dong lift noise. Bye bye uni.

*As long as I pass all subjects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home