Sunday, January 28

Yum Cha in Hurstville

It's been a pretty alright long weekend. Went to a housewarming last night then went out on Oxford St... ended up sleeping on a friend's sofa, her mum made us scrambled eggs in the morning, which was awesome. Just after I had done the walk of shame home in my evening attire at midday on Sunday (while all the Italian families were pouring out of church haha), a friend from home who is in Sydney for a while messaged me and we ended up going for Yum Cha for lunch in Hurstville. The weather today is great so it was a nice drive. When we got to the place, there were families outside all over the footpath waiting for a seat in the restaurant. We had to get a number and stand outside for half an hour in order to get a table, which was quite surreal. Especially since the numbers were being read out in Chinese... we were the only Anglos there, so we were excited cos we knew that meant the food would probably be awesome. Once we got in, it was worth the wait. Yum Cha is so fun, with everything coming in little size... not very healthy, but oh so tasty. We ate heaps, and it only cost us $17 each. The restaurant had fantastic service as well, especially considering how insanely busy it was. I think it was called Sunny's Seafood Restaurant... highly recommended. It was very nice to catch up with my friend, and fun to venture out of the inner West and city for once, as I'd never been to Hurstville before.

I'm really sleepy now though, my friend's sofa was good, but I think I might need a nap. Especially after all the food I have eaten today haha. Back to work tomorrow though, ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home